43.9 C
Tunisia
Wednesday 23 June 2021
HomeNewsAngola: Three new factories inaugurated in Viana district

Angola: Three new factories inaugurated in Viana district

Three new factories were inaugurated on Friday in Luanda’s Viana municipality by the Angolan minister of Geology, Mining and Industry, Joaquim David.

They are for the production of garments, steel and roofing sheets.

Palm Garments Angola produces uniforms, such as for the military, health sector, hotels and schools.

The factory, which cost US$3.5 million, has the capacity to produce 15,000 uniforms per month, with its construction cost being around US$3.5 million.

It has 114 workers and imports its textile from Portugal.

The second factory has the capacity of producing 7,000 tonnes of steel per month and its
investment is estimated at US$10 million.

It has generated 350 direct jobs, 70 per cent of which are Angolans while the remaining 30 per cent are foreign.

The third firm, SABS, is designed for studying engineering projects and works, whilst its
production capacity depends on the availability of raw material and produces one roofing sheet per minute.  

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

MOST POPULAR

HOT NEWS