Passenger traffic of national carrier Tunisair posted an increase of 3.3% in the first month of 2018 compared to the same period of 2017.
The main indicators during the month of January 2018 compared to January 2017 are as follows:
1-Traffic from all activities went from 242,191 to 250,138 passengers.
-Regular traffic increased by 5.7%, from 230,390 to 243,533 passengers.
– The additional traffic posted a decrease of 3,800 passengers.
– The charter traffic dropped by 1,300 passengers.
2- The load factor improved from 70.8% in January 2017 to 71.8% in January 2018, up 1.0 point.
3- In terms of Tunisair’s main markets, according to the geographic breakdown and in terms of regular traffic, the following should be noted:
– European countries, cumulating passenger traffic by 70.2%, recorded an increase of 0.9%.
– African countries, with a passenger traffic share of 16.3%, recorded an improvement of 26.9%.
– Countries of the Middle East, whose share of passenger traffic is 12.4%, posted a growth of 10.6%.
– North America (Montreal), with a passenger share of 1.1%, posted an increase of 11.8%.