Tunisia and Morocco signed Friday afternoon in Tunis eight cooperation agreements at the end of the high joint committee meeting, co-chaired by Prime Minister Habib Essid and his Moroccan counterpart Abdelileh Benkiran.
The documents signed are:
– Cooperation agreement between the Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Spatial Planning and the Ministry of Housing and Urban policy in Morocco.
– Executive Program of the co-operation agreement in the field of social development for the years 2015, 2016 and 2017.
– Executive program of cooperation in the field of education for the years 2015.2016 and 2017.
– Executive Program in the areas of women, children and the elderly for the period 2015-2017.
– Annual program of cooperation of the Tunisian-Moroccan agency for Youth for 2015.
– Executive program of the cooperation agreement in the fields of youth and sports for 2015.
– Joint Declaration in the field of higher education and scientific research between the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in Tunisia and the Ministry of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Executives Training the Kingdom of Morocco.
– Framework agreement for technical cooperation in the field of transport.
Prime Minister Habib Essid said these agreements are “a step forward that should be strengthened in the future on the path of building the Arab Maghreb Union.”
“The visit of President Beji Caid Essebsi to Morocco after Ramadan will be a renewed opportunity to strengthen the relations between the two countries,” he also announced.
For his part, Moroccan Prime Minister Abdelileh Benkiran described the Tunisian-Moroccan relations as “fraternal and irreversible”, adding that the real challenge is to ensure that these relations meet the expectations of the two peoples who aspire “to a higher level of cooperation and complementarity, “he said.