The month of December 2011 saw the declaration of 382 projects representing a total investment of 320.5 MTD and around 8,722 jobs created.
Compared to the previous month, during which 288 projects for investment of 795.6 MTD and 5,840 jobs were reported, the month of December 2011 recorded an increase of 32.6% in projects to be achieved, a decrease of 59.7% in investments reported and a 49.3%-rise in jobs to be created.
But these are only investment intentions. Imagine if they were not, in the 12 months of 2010, Tunisia could have created 100,436 new jobs.
It remains that, for the month of December, at least 19 large projects, by the size of investment, were (just) registered in Tunisia, for a total notional investment of more than 303 MTD.
1) Creation of manufacturing unit of buses, trucks and vans 31 MTD
2) Extension of a drug manufacturing unit 30 MTD
3) Creation of a unit of milk production 8.8 MDT
4) Creation of a unit of cattle slaughter 8.6 MDT
5) Extension of a mineral water bottling plant for 8.5 MDT
6) Creation of a unit of production of mineral salts 8.4 MDT
7) Extension of a manufacturing unit of household appliances 8 MDT
8) Extension of cleaning products unit 7.5 MDT
9) Extension of a manufacturing unit of harnesses 7.2 MDT
10) Creation of a manufacturing unit of photovoltaic panels 6.5 MDT
11) Extension of a manufacturing plant of lubricants 6.4 MDT
12) Creation of a manufacturing unit of baby nappies 6.3 MDT
13) Replacement of a manufacturing unit of soft drinks and beer 6.3 MDT
14) Creation of a unit of waste paper recycling and recovery 6.2 MDT
15) Creation of a manufacturing unit of concrete slabs 5.5 MDT
16) Creation of a paper and cardboard printing unit 5.2 MDT
17) Establishment of a manufacturing unit of intravenous solutions for human medicine 5 MTD
18) Extension of a manufacturing unit of mechanical parts 5 MTD
19) Creation of a manufacturing unit of fiberglass 132.8 MTD