Trade Minister told African Manager on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 that rising trade deficit at the end of April 2016 compared to the same period last year is due to many factors.
– The increase in imports relative to exports;
< div id=”yiv8001269592yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1463512448711_5468″>- The decrease in exports of food and agricultural products, mainly olive oil;
– The rise in imports of consumer products;
– The decline in the tourism sector’s activities by 47% end in April 2016 compared with the previous year;
– The fall in foreign currency reserves;
– The increase in compensation expenses…
The minister, in this context, affirmed the need to take a series of relevant measures for foreign trade and tourism.