Passenger traffic of national carrier Tunisair for the month of August 2017 posted an increase of 19.5% compared to the same period in 2016.
The main indicators during the month of August 2017 compared to the month of August 2016 are as follows:
1- Traffic, all activities combined, increased from 368,205 to 440,057 passengers:
– Regular traffic grew by 10.5%, from 311,120 to 343,936 passengers,
– As for the charter business, it recorded a remarkable rise of 18,845 to 67,025 passengers thanks to the resumption of tourist traffic.
– During the month of August, Tunisair also transported 10,748 pilgrims
2- The load factor is up by 6.5 points to 79.3% in August 2017.
3. In terms of the main Tunisair markets, according to the geographical breakdown and in regular traffic, it should be noted that:
– European countries, with a passenger share of 77.4%, posted an increase of 9.4%,
– African countries, with a passenger share of 14.1%, recorded an improvement of 13.3%,
– Countries of the Middle East, with a passenger share of 6.8%, grew by 11.2%.
– North America (Montreal), which has a passenger traffic share of 1.7%, posted an increase of 49.5%.