The “Banque Internationale Arabe de Tunisie” BIAT closed the first half of 2018 with a net banking income (NBI) of 388.1 million dinars (MD), up 18.2% compared to the end of June 2017.
The formation of this NBI is broken down as follows:
– Interest margin of 210.0 million dinars, i.e. an increase of 30.2%;
– A commission margin of 85.9 million, up 7.1%;
– Other income of 92.2 million, up 6.0%.
– Operating expenses of 184.9 MD, posting a growth of 16.8%, mainly due to:
– An increase in staff costs of 4.5%;
– An increase in general operating expenses of 56.6%, mainly due to the contribution to the fund.
– An increase in general operating expenses of 56.6% resulting mainly from the contribution to the bank deposit guarantee fund provided for by Government Decree No. 2017-268;
Excluding this contribution of 13.7 MD, the evolution of the operating expenses would have been 8.1%.
Outstanding deposits of 10.654,6 MD, recording an increase of 12.0% driven by demand deposits (+ 12.9%) and savings deposits (+ 15.2%).
Outstanding net loans of 9 693.4 MD, up 19.2%.